Friday, July 30, 2010

Complacent

Complacent - person is very pleased with themselves or feels that they do not need to do anything about a situation, even though the situation may be uncertain or dangerous.

Yup I've become complacent, I don't feel like I need to do anything recently any differently than I have been doing them the past year. I am still currently unemployed, have a summer class I should be working harder in (I'm still working hard but I should be making more of an effort), I have no reason to go to bed at decent hour so waking up at a certain hour is also no big deal, and creating is just a side thought. After all of this, I am okay with where I am at and am currently not doing much to change it. As a result student loan debt is piling up, I remain in my apartment for large portions of the day, school work is finished right before the deadline, and my crafting stuff looks at me and mocks me.


Elizabeth Gilbert, the author of Eat, Pray, Love, did a lecture talking about how the meaning of the words genius has changed over the years. (Special thanks to my friend Elizabeth Russell who originally posted this on her blog and introduced me to it!)



The fact is that I need to begin to show up, and I need to get my genius under control! I have a paper I have to write about Sesame Street that is due in a week and a half that I can't seem to get started. (Not as much fun as you would think to watch 10 hours of Sesame Street when you have to take notes on it and analyze it!) I want to make cards, scrapbook pages, paint, and work on the short story that I have been trying to finish for years! The fact is I need to show up and it is time for me to take control of my genius again, it's teenage angst time is over with, and now it's time to get back to business!!!
=)

P.S. - Thanks to everyone that has been sharing my Blog with others! Please keep it up, it really does motivate me and help me show up and control the genius. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment