Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Scrapbooking, Quilting, Sewing, and Photography

Ask and you shall make the time! I finally made time to do some more crafting which means that I have been doing a bit of everything. I'll start first with scrapbooking/photography.

So I have been asked by family to make a scrapbook of a recent family event since I took a lot of pictures during it. I agreed to do it, but then realized when I got home that I have to complete at least one of the two other albums that I'm working on. I'm getting a little backed up! Anyways, I worked on a personal page for myself though since I needed to just get the creative juices flowing again. Since I have so many pictures of her (and take more and more everyday!!) I decided to make a page about Luna! (Ok I might be bordering on crazy cat lady! If I get there feel free to reel me in!)


After I finished the page I began to get creative in other aspects as well, enter more quilting! Although I am still working on the same quilt, it is getting closer. I'm working on piecing everything together and will soon be attempting the actual quilting...that should be interesting! For now though just piecing it is enough work!


During the Super Bowl I began working on a baby sling. This is a project my sister asked me to attempt after I received my sewing machine at Christmas. A friend of hers is having a baby, when Jen saw the pattern when she went shopping with me she thought it would be a pretty awesome baby gift. I figured I'd give it a try. Amazingly it only took about a day to make, and turned out rather well. Although this one isn't the gift sling (figured I'd test run it first), I think it doesn't look half bad!


This is a picture of one with a baby in it so you get the idea of what it is. Sorry I don't have many babies lying around for me to use as models. =)


All right, that's all I have to share for now, now my mom and I are off to see a performance of Fiddler on the Roof! Should be a fun night! =)

1 comment:

  1. I like the sling fabric you chose! You should rent a baby to take a picture for your Etsy site...I bet it would sell quick!

    ReplyDelete