Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Getting in the Holiday Spirit

I am trying to get myself in ANY form of holiday spirit. I'm having a hard time this year being excited about any holiday with all the work that I have been doing recently...school, family, school, personal life, school, housework, and have I mentioned school yet?!?!? Needless to say I am MORE than ready for Thanksgiving break! In an effort to get myself in more of a spirit for any holiday I have been crafting and cooking like mad! For instance today I made pumpkin cream pie's...I do not even have the words to describe how wonderful these are!



Seriously though...just look at them!!! I have no idea how fattening they are, how bad for me they are, or how I'm going to prevent myself from eating the whole plate in one sitting! My friend Elizabeth wrote about how much she wanted to make these on her blog, but living in England they apparently don't have canned pumpkin so she couldn't. I generously offered to send her pumpkin (before I knew how much that costs!!! Yikes!) if she sent me the recipe, and I am so glad we made that deal!!!! Elizabeth you rock!!!!

All right on to other things that won't make my mouth water! I have also been working on more holiday cards! A few people have told me that they will purchase whatever I have leftover from the craft fair...well here is what I have to say to that, Why Wait? I have my Etsy site back up again and there is a link in the sidebar that will take you directly to my store. Granted I have posted just a few of the many cards I've made, but please feel free to purchase them. I will have plenty of cards in time for the craft fair so you are taking nothing away from me. Also if you see a card that I've posted on my blog, but isn't on Etsy let me know and I'll be more than happy to sell it to you. Now on to the recently made cards!



All right that's all I can manage right now. I just submitted a fellowship proposal for school, and getting it written has put me a little behind in other course work, so I better get back on it. Keep your eyes peeled for more cards soon. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment