Thursday, September 2, 2010

The J. Broad Post

So Jennifer's seem to be abundant in my life. My sister is a Jennifer, and one of my best friends (she's also a former roommate, and sorority little sister) is a Jennifer. This post though is dedicated to the recent crafts that I have made for my friend Jennifer. I was going to wait to post these until I gave them to her, but since we have had some schedule issues and haven't caught up with each other in person for some time (Skype is wonderful though!) I decided I was going to post these anyways. First up, the chipboard album that I made a while ago but had waited to post.


Next up is an afghan that I made for a member of her family. Since he is really into the Disney Pixar movie Car's I naturally had to make a themed blanket seeing as I am a former devoted Disney cast member myself. The 95 is the character Lightning McQueen's number, and since his name is Lightning I'm sure you can figure out why the lightning bolt. I tried to make it look as much like a checkered flag as possible too. My only concern is that unlike the number's the lightning bolts are just embroidered on the afghan, and since this is going to a little boy who knows how long they will stay on there. I think it will still look cool even if they come off though.


All right that is all I have for now. With classes back in session I'll be doing a lot more reading, writing, and studying so even though I will try and keep up with my crafting, who knows what I'll end up doing through the winter. Keep checking back for more of my craziness! =)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH..... I WAS BALLING WHILE READING THIS.. I LOVE YOU AND I WILL SEE YOU VERY SOON!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative and talented. Love, Aunt Jayne

    ReplyDelete