Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Crafting for No One But You

I've kept a journal in my personal life for about as long as I can remember.  Although I still have one, I find that I only write in it every few months since I have found other ways to express my feelings over the years.  In my journals though I've never just written about my day, although there is some of that.  I've always tended to use my journals as a creative outlet.  So I draw in them, or I write poems, or I've even done a watercolor in one before.  A recent trend in papercrafting though has been the concept of an art journal.  I liked the idea of a journal to create whatever you felt like in it.  Anything from painting, to stamping, to paper arts.  Basically a journal you kept in your studio to help you keep the creative juices flowing for those days when you've hit a creative wall.

So a little while ago I began to keep one.  Finding quotes, words, and inspirational messages I like, and then creating a visual background for them to go with.  This isn't something I do to really share with people, this isn't something I make any money on, but for me it's been important to do this for myself.  I get so swamped with making things for profit, that I sometimes forget that I began crafting for myself, and the profit came later as an afterthought.  So I am going to share a few of the pages I've done, because I'm proud of them, like I'm proud of all the mixed media pieces I do, but I don't care what people think of them.  I think it's important for all of us to remember why we begin doing something like paper crafting, or quilting, or painting...for almost all of us I think we can say we began doing it for ourselves first.  Remember to continue to do things for yourself, it really is therapeutic. <3 p="">
Bloom Where You Are Planted

Cherish

She Took The Leap and Found Her Wings On The Way Down

When Words Fail Music Speaks To The Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment